15.12.10

Vapeur

Using effect in photography is like cheating for me.
I try to get rid of this (stupid) idea.



10 commentaires:

isabelle a dit…

je comprends ce que tu veux dire...
les photos archi éditées ne sont plus des photos mais du travail graphique.
c'est la beauté du film aussi... revenir aux sources. la photo telle quelle...

Unknown a dit…

it's not cheating, but as Elisabelle says, it's more like graphic design than the art of photography itself

Pascale a dit…

@ Eisabelle & suzie: I know, I've learned photo & movie in that way. But I try to be less extreme...

kitchu a dit…

agree with suzie. and like you, i almost never touch my photos for that reason. i just got lightroom for my birthday and i still haven't used it. it was such a nice gesture, but i am a 'take a photo as it is' kind of girl, which is one of the main reasons i went back to using film.

Saranna a dit…

Editing is more of a trick of the trade than cheating for me. Especially if I'm in the darkroom most photos need a little tweaking.

Anonyme a dit…

ON EST D'ACCORD!
t.

Anonyme a dit…

Superbes photos, toujours.
A quand un expo? Et add to flickr please :)
t.

;) a dit…

C'est une attitude fort intéressante... Et cela t'entraîne donc à les (re)créer en les montrant.

Pour ma part, en photographie, jamais de tricherie... Simplement l'utilisation des outils ;) hé hé
Toutefois, pour certains sujets, je reste tout à fait d'accord avec ta démarche et son honnêté. Montrer ce que les autres ne voient pas forcément, mais qui est bel et bien là.

Et une très belle image...

la ninja a dit…

'cheating' is a very relative concept :)

Pascale a dit…

@la Ninja: yes, taking a photo is already, "in a way" cheating... and my english is too bad to explain... I said, that was a stupid idea.